Remote Senior Backend Engineer (Python) at TestGorilla
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 8,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer, to help us accelerate the development of our product.
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Competitive salary + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- €1000 remote working budget per year
- 3.5% of salary learning & development budget
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you’ll build and deliver backend solutions such as APIs, integrations, and architecture components to enable the rapid growth of all our products.
You’ll own the design, code, and deployment of solutions and make sure they perform and scale in production.
- Create highly scalable and reliable microservices architectures
- Lead the entire software development and delivery cycle from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Apply modern backend technologies, including but not limited to Python, Django, Redis, and AWS
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- Work in a collaborative, talented distributed team across Europe, United States, South America, and Asia.
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- Experience in software development & delivery
- You can efficiently write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with functional and Object-Oriented programming languages
- You have experience building distributed and highly scalable systems including REST APIs and event-driven architectures
- You have strong knowledge about data storage design using relational and NoSQL databases
- You understand the importance of reliable monitoring, deployment strategies, and a highly scalable and robust cloud infrastructure
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
- you have experience in a SaaS product based company
- you are comfortable with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and/or Kanban
- you have a working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker