Remote Senior Frontend Developer at Toggl
Posted 4 weeks ago
We are looking for a passionate and sharp Senior Frontend Developer with experience in data visualization to join one of our cross-functional product development teams and help us shape the future of the time tracking industry, delivering real value to our customers by introducing new features and improving the existing ones.
The salary for this position is €68,000 annually
You can work from anywhere in the world, provided you have an overlap of 4 hours with a European timezone.
About the team
We are a global team of 130+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally – in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers to understand requirements and translate them into user-friendly web-based components
- Develop and maintain scalable data visualizations using modern frontend technologies such as React and Nivo
- Optimize frontend performance to ensure fast rendering and smooth interactions for high data volumes
- Conduct code reviews, identify and resolve technical issues, and maintain high coding standards
- Collaborate with other development teams to identify and implement best practices in frontend development and related areas
We would love to hear from you if you have significant experience in frontend development and can lead major development projects. You love working with data visualizations and believe React and web components are the future.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience leading large development projects, with good organization skills and the ability to plan well-structured projects, estimate tasks, manage stakeholders and coordinate with other cross-functional teams
- A knack for data visualizations, with some familiarity of its principles and best practices
- Knowledge about testing frameworks, like Jest
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a remote team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work – we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)