Remote Senior Software Engineer C++ at FileCloud
Posted 4 weeks ago
FileCloud is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (C++) with a strong track record to join our dynamic Client team to help us deliver world-class, high-quality products to our customers. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and applications focused on Enterprise File Sharing, Sync, and utilize your design skills, architecture skills, and solid development experience.
About the Product & Company
FileCloud is the fastest-growing Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) solution in the industry, with over one million users worldwide. Our products are used by many global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies and world-leading public sector organizations. FileCloud recently closed a $30 million Series A investment led by Savant Growth to address the growing demand for enterprise security, compliance, and workflow automation. We are currently expanding our team as we grow and improve FileCloud.
About the role
As part of our Client team, you will be responsible for developing our next generation of syncing and file-sharing software applications and delivering a maintainable solution optimized for usability and reliability. You’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technologies and codebases, interact directly with our customers, and learn firsthand how they use our products.
This role is remote and will require working remotely with other team members.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Design and build software capable of running on all primary operating systems used by millions of users.
- Develop, maintain and support software including applications, interfaces, and new features.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported customer issues quickly and permanently.
- Participate in code reviews, provide feedback, and help with the advancement of tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Comfortable developing software for Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Strong experience with C++
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies including HTTP protocol, XML, REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge of server-client architecture.
- Comfortable with Git version control system.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize tasks while working independently or as part of the team.
- Experience working with filesystems (Windows, macOS or both) is highly desired.
- Experience working with databases.
- Knowledge and experience developing complex multi-threaded, performance sensitive systems such as file systems.
- Knowledge and experience testing complex multi-threaded systems such as filesystems.
- Experience with TypeScript, Swift, or Python.
- Comfortable working with CI/CD systems like Jenkins.
- Experience working with Electron and JS is a nice addition.
- Experience in Windows Driver development is a plus.
What we offer:
- Be part of a team of passionate, committed individuals dedicated to building a world-class product.
- Dedicated time for training and education opportunities.
- A mentorship model wherein your mentor and team support your development.
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus.
- Fully remote working whilst offering flexible hours that fall outside of the companywide core hours of 9 am -12 pm (US Central time zone).
- 20 days of paid time off which increases by a further 5 days after 5 years of service (in addition to 10 public holidays in your country).
- Paid day off on your birthday or on an alternative day if your birthday falls outside a normal working day.
- Paid day off to volunteer with the charity of your choice.
- Paid monthly internet cost and lunch stipend provided.
- Reimbursement of all hardware costs associated with the role.