Remote UX Editor & Course Designer at Interaction Design Foundation
Great! Then, read on!
The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is the biggest online design school globally. We’re market leaders in online design education because the world’s leading experts create our content, and because we specialize in design.
We’re proud to say we’ve put together an amazing organization where people support, inspire, and challenge each other every day. Not only that, but we also get up each day to build a better future for millions of people around the world.
We’re primarily a remote company with around 50 employees, spread across 30 countries, and the Leadership team and founders are headquartered in Dubai. We’re growing fast and are set on course to grow even faster. But something’s missing. And we think it could be you.
This is where your passion for learning merges with your desire to create the highest-quality education materials and experience, helping the IxDF to fulfill its vision to become the best,most well-known and most prestigious design school in the world and a one-stop destination for designers to learn new skills. We know that greatness does not come from casual effort. We can only achieve our wildly ambitious goals if we consistently turn ideas into results. That’s why we need you to help create the best products that help people become better designers.
- Help create and improve world-class educational materials on topics such as UX, UI, Design Thinking and more—in the form of highly engaging articles, videos, design templates, portfolio exercises, and much more.
- Be passionately user-centric so that the content you create smashes the needs of our designer community.
- Help push the quality of our educational materials to new heights—exceeding the very best in both industry and academia.
- Participate in the editorial processes behind creating courses for tens of thousands of designers worldwide. You’ll work with some of the world’s best instructors and create, as well as edit, video-based and text-based online courses.
- Use your editorial skills to help your colleagues grow and become better communicators, educators and writers; just as they will help you.
- Support IxDF content writers, community managers and social media teams to bring a real UX designer’s perspective to all dimensions of our content, marketing and communication.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in UX/UI design and have a keen sense of communication. So, you have up-to-date knowledge of what UX designers need to learn, upskill and grow their careers.
- You have your finger on the pulse of what the UX community likes to read, watch and learn about, and you have the content-creation skills to produce the kind of material that the community craves.
- Communication is an art you live and breathe. You know how to reach into the lofty heights where abstract ideas live—and bring them down to “street level” so our students can hit the ground running with the valuable lessons you help them easily digest.
- You are an expert wordsmith with an eagle eye for the tiniest details and a keen ear for flow.
- You come up with ideas for visual content, such as video and graphics that will help make our content even more effective.
- You are used to managing diverse responsibilities, and you are adept at dividing broad tasks into small, executable ones without losing sight of your overall goal. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You’re a practical idealist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, while understanding the delays that can come with waiting for something to be perfect. You know how to create great results through incremental quick wins and MVPs, and when to go all in to create something perfect.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals. Mediocrity gives you the chills.
- You have experience translating design know-how into documentation or reference material for other designers, or for people outside the design world.
- You know that you will only accomplish your goals through solid judgement, hard work and diligence.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people through writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, HCI, Information Technology, Communications or another related field—or you have enough industry experience in UI, UX and HCI.
- You speak and write in English with native fluency. And you can make your messages flow so well that whoever reads your work will be “right there” in the subject matter. As you know, the magic of any user experience is getting people to forget they’re even using a medium to reach you.
- Have experience as a design teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator.
- Have your own blog or successful social media page where you create original content about UX and UI design.
- Have contacts with, or ideas for top designers whom you think would be perfect for explaining their craft at IxDF.
- Have strong opinions and thoughts on how you can make learning more engaging, fun and effective.
- Have worked as an editor or created online courses.
- Have experience with working remotely.
What can we offer?
- A full-time position, within a remote first organization.
- Work with a highly scalable business model where we’ve consistently created more than 50% growth year-on-year since 2013. Bootstrapped with zero investment capital but built purely on passion and consistency over time.
- Work directly with the Director of Editorial where the distance between idea and execution is minimal.
- Work in a company culture where idealism meets high performance and excellence. You’ll need to be a practical idealist. As well-intentioned as they are, impractical idealists are counter-productive, whereas practical idealists make the world a better place.
- Daily video-based contact with your colleagues from elsewhere on the planet, and you’ll get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times per year.
- Work with people who have a hands-on attitude and a bias towards action as opposed to over-planning.
- Get the satisfying responsibility of the full lifecycle from strategy and analysis all the way to execution.
- Work in a highly agile organization with zero bureaucracy or corporate politics – but with a high level of orderliness and efficiency.
- Have the chance to feel the impact of helping an ever-growing design education brand boost its outreach to empower and enrich the lives of many, many more people.