Senior Associate of Community Operations
GlobalGiving is looking for a Senior Associate of Community Operations sitting on the Global Community Programs team. This team delivers fundraising, learning, and community connection programs and ensures community partners have a streamlined experience that allows them to grow their impact in the communities they work.
The Senior Associate of Community Operations reports to the Associate Director of Community Engagement and contributes to creating a joyful, seamless experience for our global community partners. This role ensures operational excellence across partner experiences by translating feedback and pain points into innovative and measurable solutions that enhance the usability, accessibility, and value they gain through our virtual offerings (e.g., fundraising tools, virtual community, and learning experiences.)
The Senior Associate of Community Operations will liaise with our product team to ensure the community partners’ perspective is included when solutions are being considered for UX improvements and support/lead the implementation of knowledge management processes across the United Program Team. This person will ‘Never Settle’ in ensuring our systems and programs are continually improving to meet the varying needs of our diverse community.
GlobalGiving is at a transformative time in its history: we are redesigning and changing long-held systems, teams, and processes to become more equitable, community-led and achieve new levels of impact.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. This position is right for you if you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement.
System and Product Operations (65% of role)
- Support Innovation: Identify partners’ pain points through various feedback methods (customer service, surveys, etc.), make recommendations for improvements, and support the implementation of improvements at scale through content, communications, the website, UX improvements, webinars/training, etc.
- Scaling Systems through Knowledge Management: Identify and implement improvements to streamline our tools and systems, coordinate campaign operations, work closely with the Campaigns team to operationalize all fundraising campaigns, liaise with the product team, and track partners’ progress.
- Focusing on the Customer Journey: Know and understand the various engagement points for our partner community, and work closely with the Community Experience Designer to recommend and implement improvements at every stage of the partnership.
- Admin for Program Systems: Be the lead point-of-contact in operating our systems that assist our community, including our community platform, webinar and training systems, and social media and customer service support.
Supporting Community Partner Needs (35% of role)
- Support Community Partners to Meet Their Goals: Contribute to the community partner experience by enhancing our systems and tools to allow partners to increase their fundraising through campaigns, improve their outreach to donors, and experience easier accessibility to the resources within the GlobalGiving ecosystem.
- Ensure a Community-Led approach: Act as product liaison for Community Experience needs, elevating community partner feedback to create a streamlined approach to sharing and creating solutions with the product team.
- Track and Increase Partner Satisfaction: Ensure there is a consistent method of setting and tracking satisfaction scores across community programs. Align with the feedback workstream as part of the United Program Team to find ways to elevate feedback shared from customer service or surveys and assist in implementing solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in one or more areas of work, including management; communications; customer success; international development; or related field;
- Ability to multi-task under a deadline, with great productivity and attention to detail;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communications skills, particularly cross-cultural and web-based;
- Comfort working within and improving digital systems, with a focus on process streamlining;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with significant public exposure;
- Familiarity with systems designed to manage workflow and relationships with individuals and organizations;
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and flexibility;
- Comfort with quantitative and qualitative data, a strong plus; and
- Ideal candidates may also have fluency or professional proficiency in one or more foreign languages; Spanish or French is preferred.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: US $52,500 – $62,000, UK: £ 24,500 – £37,000
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States or the United Kingdom for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas. The position can be filled remotely (within either country) and may be based from the Washington DC Office. If you intend to apply as a remote worker, be prepared to speak about your experience with remote employment in the recruitment process.
GlobalGiving Foundation (US) Employees Only: In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.