Senior Backend Engineer | Remotive.com
Does improving developer experience, performance, and stability of this top 500 Github project sound like something you would enjoy? Are complex tasks such as Improving memory consumption as well as refactoring code of the core of n8n something you would love to tackle? Then this role might be what you are looking for.
We at n8n are building the most powerful, flexible, and open workflow automation platform for technical people out there. In order to succeed with this we are now hiring a Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js & Typescript) that gets excited by complex problems to solve and wants to be part of shaping the future of low-code workflow automation.
We launched n8n at the end of 2019 as a Source Code Available product and things have grown exponentially since then.
📈 10k people try us out for the first time each month
⭐️ With 28k stars, we are in the top 500 of the 238m projects on GitHub
🧑🤝🧑 We have a passionate and engaged community
🌱 We were Sequoia’s first seed investment in Germany and raised $12m Series A round in 2021, led by Felicis Ventures
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our team and lead the efforts in reducing technical debt, optimizing existing systems, and making our code more scalable. You can check out the source code here: https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n
We are looking for someone that has seen and built a lot, but the experience you gain after 5 years at company X might be worth more than 10 years at company Y. So instead of giving you the minimum years of experience you need for this role, here are some traits, behaviors and experiences that someone needs to succeed in this role:
- You love refactoring, software optimisation and working primarily on improving existing software rather than building new things
- You have extensive experience and understanding of the whole software development lifecycle
- You are solution-oriented, biased for action, and don’t wait around for someone to tell you to fix something if it contributes to the overarching scope of your role
- Curious and love learning new things (super important)
- Humble, kind, and are open to feedback (super duper important)
- You are passionate about open source
- You are passionate about low code and automation
Our main tech stack
- Node.js, Vue.js & Typescript
- and of course, n8n
- Career opportunities. We are looking to hire ‘rising stars’, who can grow with the company into more senior roles. We give you €1k a year to spend on courses, books, events and coaching, to support you in developing your career
- 30 vacation days
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Transparency. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing — the whole shebang
- A passionate team. We love our product. We have regular office hackathons to see who can build the coolest thing with it
- We’re big fans of open source, and you’ll get $100 per month to give to projects you care about
- Being fair is really important to us. Equity? Of course we give you equity
This role can be done from anywhere within Europe. We can sponsor visas to Germany; for any other country, you need to have existing right to work. Our company language is English.
n8n is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.