Senior Data Analyst | Remotive.com
Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: UK Remote or Hybrid
About Petlab Co
PetLab Co. is the world’s fastest-growing pet supplement business. Launching in 2018, we successfully achieved a 9-figure revenue in 2022 without any external funding. We have a loyal community of loving pet parents and over 1.5 million happy dogs whose lives have been positively impacted by our innovative products. Our team is vibrant, fast-moving, and customer-driven where high-performers are valued and rewarded. And it is the ideal place for an ambitious, hardworking, animal lover who wants to progress their career rapidly.
A Day In The Life…
Reporting to the Head of Data you’ll join a small but growing team of highly talented data professionals in which you will be responsible for leading insight generation across our whole business. Working with big data sets, including our clickstream implementation (Snowplow), you will be responsible for supporting our data-driven culture.
This is a new role within the team and as such comes with a lot of autonomy and a big opportunity to have a huge impact within the company and how we use data.
We move and think fast so it’s important that you are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to support the team in every way possible. If that sounds exciting – we would love you to join our pack!
Your day-to-day will look a little bit like this…
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Deriving insight from our Clickstream analytics implementation (Snowplow)
- Creation of dashboards (Power BI) and reporting for senior stakeholders
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of Data analysts
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts for data analysis and reporting
- Use Python for data manipulation, cleaning, and visualization
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to develop and implement new data-driven products and features
What You Need…
- Very strong expertise in SQL and a strong proficiency in Python,
- Previous experience using Snowplow generated data or other clickstream data would be a big advantage
- Someone who is detail orientated, precise with a proactive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders and to be able to engage with Executives/Founders
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience in the e-commerce industry would be beneficial
- Experience working with an Operations/Supply Chain function would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or a related field or related experience.
Our tech stack is currently;
Engineering – Y42 & DBT/Fivetran & Google Cloud
Data Warehouse – Big Query
Visualisation – Power BI
The Good Stuff…
- Private Health Care through Vitality
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days + public and bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours – We focus on results and trust people to manage their time, whether working from home, while travelling, or in the office!
- [email protected] – Employee Assistance Programme
- Royal London Pension Scheme – We offer a workplace pension scheme with one of the UK’s leading providers of group pensions. With an employer contribution of 5% through Salary Sacrafice
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Leave – because time with new family members is important!
- Puppy Therapy – working in partnership with Paws in Work to provide a boost of oxytocin twice a year.
- Generous Learning and development budget – We always wasn’t you to keep learning.
- Free breakfast, fruits and snacks – refuel and revitalise with free munchies in the office.
- Working Environment – dogs are welcome!
- Life Assurance – In the event of your death, while employed by us, your chosen beneficiaries will be provided with a tax-free lump sum equivalent of four times your basic salary.
- Gympass – All in one subscription bringing you the largest selection of gyms, studios and apps.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme – Employees sacrifice salary in return for a new electric car, typically saving 30-40% of costs through income and tax and national insurance.
- Give Back Day – An extra day off in the year to volunteer plus a £50 contribution to your chosen charity.
- Health Cash Benefit – We offer the bronze package with enables you to claim a certain amount of cashback when you pay for something that is health related, i.e dental.
Petlab Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability. We believe that diversity is at the heart of innovation and we welcome passionate candidates from all backgrounds. Come join the family and see for yourself!