Senior iOS Engineer at Tymit
At Tymit our mission is to give people the self-confidence to live life to the fullest by offering them credit that’s smart, flexible and honest.
That’s why we launched the world’s first instalment credit card – and why we’re now partnering with only the most iconic brands to bring the next generation of instalment experiences to their customers.
We believe that everyone deserves financial peace of mind, that credit should only work for you, and that tech will continue to transform the way to shop, pay and manage our spending.
Our talented and growing team is based in the UK, Spain and Greece, and we’re all committed to creating a diverse, fun work environment, with collaboration and the customer at the core of everything we do.
Following our £23m Series A round, closed in October 2022 and led by Frasers Group, we’re focused on our next phase of growth – and creating the future of instalment experiences.
Want to check our app from the guts? Here you can have a hint 💡
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is £70,000 – £80,000 per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices – Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
💲 Budget for remote home expenses.
📚 Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
🏥 Private health insurance.
👩🏽🤝👩🏻 Referral program.
💳 6 months free-interest for all Tymiteers in our Tymit card.
💻 Budget for your home office set up.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned product-aware iOS engineer to help us on our mission to reinvent the future of credit. We are searching for engineers who place the customer at the centre of everything, specifically looking at our service’s design and quality.
We want to onboard someone excited by working on products in their very early stage, a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of challenging and intriguing challenges. You will be focusing on our app for iOS devices and helping our engineering team design the API and services that power Tymit’s business. You will be involved in leveraging new applications and taking a pivotal role during design review sessions.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, energetic and passionate team with room for professional growth – Tymit may be an excellent fit for you!
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humour, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
iOS Engineers at Tymit work by squads in cross-functional teams applying good practices and agile methodologies. Within the team, you will find Jesús, Luciano, Osvaldo, Julián, Sergio and Malú.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Be part of the Contact Points Team. It is the area in Tymit that groups all technologies applied to contact and interact with our customers.
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle to maintain and add additional functionalities for our iOS app.
- Demonstrate an architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with the broader Engineering Team to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing, and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment, and creating the best possible experience for our customers.
- Learn the latest iOS development practices and tech, like SwiftUI, Combine and TCA, and how we use them at Tymit to build a truly scalable App.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to understand requirements, provide technical insights, and provide timescale estimations.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure that the UI and UX are market-leading.
- Work with the broader engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and improve the app’s design and functionalities.
- Champion modern technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team. What good practices will you be able to apply? Among others, pair-programming, code reviews, Unidirectional Data Flow Architecture, refactoring and CI/CD.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
iOS team: in your day-to-day, you will be working with technologies such as Swift, SwiftUI, Swift Package Manager, Combine, Firebase, Snapshot testing, Swift Format, Tuist, Jenkins, and Fastlane.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Huge will to learn new things and grow your skills in software engineering.
- Passionate, self-motivated engineer who has built various iOS apps.
- Willing to mentor. Helping others to grow and shine.
- Solid knowledge of Swift and Cocoa. Experience and knowledge of SwiftUI and Combine.
- Solid knowledge of multiple design patterns. Experience with functional programming will be an extra point.
- Ability of leading projects from the initial phases to the delivery in production.
- Solid knowledge of Fastlane, having Tuist knowledge is also a plus.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Jesús and Luciano. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with Julián and Sergio, Senior iOS Engineer. Technical discussion around Swift concepts like memory management, concurrency, or design patterns, to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit. No need to do a technical test, prepare an existing code you are proud of to share with us. We don’t like whiteboard tests. We don’t like whiteboard tests.
60 min. video-call with two people from our Engineering team (Angela, Carlos, Elisa, or Fran). Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
30 min. video-call with Toni Contact Points Lead. Understand the team and business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
*Please, take into account that we do not provide Visa sponsorships, and you need to have right to work in the countries where we are located.