Senior Product Manager (Data) | Remotive.com
FXC is looking for an experienced Product Manager to oversee and grow one of the company’s core data products. This Product Manager will be responsible for the continued development, iteration and maintenance of the product and will serve as the internal/external expert in regards to the coverage, scope and functionality of the product.
Core responsibilities include iterative development of the product to ensure it maintains it’s industry leading reputation, maintaining and grooming the backlog, running regular refinement sessions and developing the product roadmap in alignment with client feedback and business/department goals.
This is a highly visible and central role, which will help ensure FXC and the FX payments dataset remain the industry-standard for international payments intelligence.
Scope new product features and create detailed specifications. This may include expanding the datasets coverage; adding new data dimensions or API fields; or improving the product’s methodologies and calculation logic
Maintain product backlog and run regular refinement sessions to ensure tickets are prioritised and ready for development at the start of each sprint
Ensure product documentation is kept up to date, including API documentation and internal business rules/logic
Attend daily standups with the product and dev team and serve as the voice of client/business perspective in sprint planning sessions
Serve as product expert on external calls (including sometimes running product demos for potential clients and attending regular client feedback calls) as needed
Ensure client feedback and product requests are prioritised against business needs
Work with other product managers and departments to ensure FXC data from the product is being accurately represented and shown in FXC’s client facing applications/reports
Necessary skills and experience
– 3-5 years work experience managing and growing data products
– Familiarity with data models and building large scale datasets
– Experience working in an agile product team
– Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
– SQL and Microsoft Excel skills
Nice to have skills
– Previous work experience in payments industry (bonus for cross-border specific experience)
– Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
– Experience with Jira or similar software development tools
– Python and/or R experience
– Outstanding client and internally-facing verbal and written communication, leadership and negotiating skills
– Able to communicate complex concepts to all different types of audiences
– Assertiveness and resilience
– Self-motivation and eagerness to learn
– Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
– Creative and nimble with ability to overcome obstacles to solve difficult problems
– Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
Who is FXC Group?
We are a fast growing fintech company providing financial data to an enterprise client list of household brands, which include HSBC, PayPal, World Bank, Western Union and MasterCard among others. We are rapidly building on our already strong reputation in the finance sector, and as a result, most of our recent clients have been gained through word of mouth. We can also boast an almost 100% repeat business rate, both of which are incredible achievements for a start-up company.
What we offer
– Basic salary of £65,000-75,000 + up to 20% annual bonus/option scheme (eligible after 3 months of employment)
– 25 days holiday per annum
– Healthcare for you and your spouse/partner/children
– 5% pension
– Monthly socials in London
– Quarterly external one-to-one coaching sessions
– A supportive, collaborative environment with plenty of opportunities to learn
– A chance to work with a vibrant, friendly team with a relaxed but committed culture
– Flexible working culture – we can offer remote working if UK based, but we have an office in London (Liverpool St) for those who prefer to come to the office