Senior Product Manager | Remotive.com
*** THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION ***
ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases. We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be. Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork is in our hearts and we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team that’s focussed on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Senior Product Manager works directly with the VP of Product to develop product strategy and implement a strategic roadmap aligned to the product vision. They translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow the product development cycle from start to finish.
- Product Strategy: Build an outcome-focused roadmap, weighing competing needs and changing requirements to prioritize and maintain a backlog of impactful themes of work
- User Research: Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Prioritization: Work to ensure project prioritization builds progress on larger, key initiatives while also delivering quarterly incremental revenue goals weighing both business and customer impacts
- Business Ownership: Work with analysts and executives to monitor, discuss the health of the product, and adjust plans to deliver on monthly OKRs
- Stakeholder Partnership: Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Internal Leadership: Create buy-in for the product vision across engineering, marketing, marketplace, and design
- Product Marketing: Collaborate with marketing team to build promotional plans consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Lifecycle Marketing: Partner with lifecycle marketing team to establish engagement with the product that leads to improved LTV of user
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- Product Management certification a meaningful plus
- Agile and/or Professional Scrum Product Owner certification (not required)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (not required)
- 7+ years of experience as a Sr. Product Manager or similar role.
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- Background in software development and/or technical experience is a plus OR strong domain knowledge in the focus area for the specific product line this role supports.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner and demonstrate respect for others
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver; Always starts with a “Let’s go GRIND it out” attitude
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to to be tenacious and never settle
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focussed on solving issues
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possesses the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities.
Raise The Bar
- We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
Win As A Team
- We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
Care Above All Else
- We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. We show our care with our passion for results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Competitive salary commensurate with skills, experience, and location. Salary range is between $125,000-175,000
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan