Senior Software Engineer | Remotive.com
Reporting into: Engineering Manager
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Fully remote (UK only)
BibliU’s learning enablement platform empowers universities and colleges to automate learning content workflows and improve student outcomes, providing digital textbooks, monographs, and courseware more cost-effectively than ever before.
About Our Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at BibliU, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of brilliant engineers and provide solutions to technical problems that have a direct impact on our customers.
We are a fully remote team across different time zones but maintaining a positive, open and collaborative team culture remains a priority to us. There are initiatives in place to make sure you still feel a part of the team and can get to know others in the company.
Areas of Responsibility
As a senior software engineer you will be responsible for:
- Building new features for our existing products
- Troubleshooting issues and maintaining our existing stack
- Contributing to architectural discussions and helping us make technical implementation decisions
- Improving and migrating our legacy code and systems into our newer technology stack
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience building web applications and services
- Experience developing and deploying serverless applications
- Frontend – Vue.js
- Backend – NodeJS
- Storage – Postgres/MySQL
- Technologies – Typescript, Git, CI/CD4
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
Here’s what we offer:
- 🌴 35 holiday per year – yep, that’s not a typo! (in addition to bank holidays)
- 🎂 Your birthday off
- 🌱 12 scheduled company wellness Fridays off per year (in addition to annual leave)
- 🧘 Wellness perks like weekly yoga and meditation, and regular talks on topics like breathing and sleep routines
- ❤️ Enhanced maternity & paternity allowance
- 📚 Annual learning allowance
- ☕ Monthly allowance for team activities or treats (team brunch or takeout anyone?)
- ⏰ Flexible working hours – we’re a remote team spread across the US, the EU, and even Australia!
- 💻 Work-from-home allowance to help you set up your dream WFH station
- 🚴 Cycle-to-work scheme (UK)
- 💝 Nice surprises on special occasions such as work anniversaries
- 🥳 Regular socials, both in-person in London and virtual for the remote team
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.