Senior Technical Support Engineer | Remotive.com
Expeto was founded on a simple, yet compelling principle – enable meaningful IoT outcomes by transforming traditional mobile network complexity into IT simplicity. Expeto integrates mobile networks and IoT applications onto a single platform specifically designed for enterprise use cases and is sold as a service leveraging modern cloud and edge computing resources. Expeto believes that harnessing data from connected devices around the world will unlock insights that shape business strategy, create new revenue opportunities and help companies make better, more informed decisions to ensure a sustainable future.
Our people come first because it is their commitment and passion which make the difference in everything we do. Expeto is a growing distributed team with a culture of collaborative communication focused on the end-to-end customer experience. At Expeto, you will find talented people with a passion to create a highly differentiated, world-class solution through our unerring focus on platform innovation and meaningful outcomes for our customers and partners.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer ready to help build a seamless technical support process. Reporting to the Director of Customer Operations, the role will be responsible for ensuring an excellent customer experience. As the tier1 support contact you will be working with customers who are experiencing operational issues or needing services, performance in this role is critical for Expeto’s success in achieving superior customer satisfaction.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology stacks and industry leaders in the fields of mobile networking, cloud computing and software defined networking backed by a team of veteran engineers and architects.
- Provide dedicated customer support via email and customer portal requests
- Performing real-time detection of abnormalities with NMS tools such as DataDog or Prometheus, and log collectors such as Splunk, Sentry, etc.
- Troubleshoot customer system errors and complex technical problems
- Log, track, respond, prioritize, and resolve issues
- Work with team to meet or exceed SLA commitments
- Handle critical issues, determining the need for escalations
- Participate in the installation and deployment of Expeto Products and Services
- Update, support Wiki and knowledge base content
- 6+ years of SaaS and Cloud software customer support experience, preferably to worldwide customers
- Strong Linux networking knowledge, including supporting Linux based applications
- Knowledge of REST API’s and basic browser debugging (network calls, statuses, etc.)
- Working knowledge of scripting (BASH, Python)is beneficial
- Experience with deploying and troubleshooting highly scalable systems
- Exposure/understanding of Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Network troubleshooting and enterprise platform experience
- Telecommunications experience is beneficial
- Ability to identify issues, analyze complex situations and provide a clear status on issues
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
- Ability to multitask and flexibility for on-call rotations
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Strong technical instinct when dealing with customer issues and escalations
- Excited about the opportunity to expand their expertise and take on new challenges
Although we’re a fully remote team, our preference is to hire in Canada and/or the USA at this time. Our engineers are at the top of their field, we provide them with immense challenges to solve, and we compensate accordingly.
If you feel the above resonated with you, and you have what it takes to join our team, reach out and apply today.
Expeto is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identification, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, or
any other state or federally protected classifications.
Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] .