SEO Manager – Reed.co.uk
The Works is a unique place to… well… work.
We’re the UK’s leading family friendly retailer of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. With over 530 stores nationwide together with a brilliant online store, we’re here to offer our customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
We’re a proactive and hardworking bunch. We’ve built an environment that’s busy, fast-moving and full of energy. Our atmosphere is welcoming, friendly and inclusive. If you’re the kind of person who’s as crafty, caring and can-do as we are, then this is the kind of culture for you.
The bit ‘About You’
Supported by an external agency, you will own the SEO Strategy including technical SEO, on-page, local, content, and outreach. You will work collaboratively with other teams and departments to advise on SEO best practices whilst using your stakeholder management and communication skills to ensure delivery of the overall digital marketing strategy.
The bit ‘About the role’
- Delivery of the SEO strategy to meet business objectives including increased rankings and traffic / sales uplift
- On-going on-page optimisation to maximise performance
- Manage the technical SEO plan
- Develop and present business cases aimed at increasing Organic Search visibility
- Provide regular advice and recommendations to the business to maximise sales performance
- Align plans and activity with other digital marketing teams including paid search
- Manage a test and learn plan
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reporting packs covering performance and progress
- Work closely with the brand marketing / content team to spot opportunity
- Ensure SEO is aligned with all digital channels to ensure optimum results
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices
- PASSIONATE – About SEO and latest trends and techniques
- STRONG COMMUNICATOR / PRESENTER – You are a confident communicator who can build relationships with ease, comfortable with presenting to senior stakeholders
- ORGANISED – You can manage multiple projects simultaneously, keeping stakeholders updated on progress
- CREATIVE – You are able to “think outside the box” and not afraid of failure
- TEAM PLAYER – A collaborative team member who gets involved and keeps people informed and updated
- RESILIENT – You can confidently deal with ambiguity and change, adapt quickly and move forward positively
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Subject matter expert with demonstrable SEO experience in a managerial role
- Deep knowledge of the core principles of SEO with strong content experience
- A blend of creative and analytical skills
- Ability to conduct SEO analysis across backlinks, analytics, influencers etc
- Strong analytical skills and experience of working with large volumes of data
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics / Search Console and other SEO reporting platforms e.g. ahrefs, SEM Rush etc
- Numerate and commercially aware
- IT literate with knowledge and experience of all Microsoft Office especially Excel
What we will give to you…!
- Excellent hands on training.
- 25% discount off our products in store!
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Holiday Purchase Scheme to increase your annual leave entitlement.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Free Car Parking.
- Charity Giving – Pennies from Heaven and Give as you Earn.
About The Works:
We are very proud to be consistently recognised as a Sunday Times “Best Big Companies” to work for.
At The Works, we are a family! Our stores are fun to be in and jam packed with great products that our customers love…and so do we!
Our mission is to offer customers a unique and enjoyable shopping experience, built on our core principles of value, variety and quality.
The Works is one of the UK’s leading multi-channel specialist retailers of value gifts, arts, crafts, toys, books and stationery. We are a high street retailer that bucks the trend, constantly growing and opening new stores at an amazing rate.