SEO/SEM Specialist Freelancer ~ Inventive ~ 100% Remote
March 13, 2023
This is a long-term opportunity at Inventive for SEO/SEM freelancers that are ready to rock and roll in Google Analytics 4 (GA4). This includes set-up, tracking… all the things!
Powerful digital strategy resides in the juggle between your right and left brain. It’s equal parts creativity and data, empathy and analytics, and planning and production.
As an SEO/SEM Specialist at Inventive, you’d get to support the rollout of a winning SEO and paid search strategy for our clients as well as our brand. It’s critical for this individual to have the ability to use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions
The ideal candidate is an established digital strategist that is proficient in SEO, well-versed in SEM, and enthusiastic about creating and executing smart strategies for diverse audiences — from small businesses to enterprises. You’re a team player who thrives on collaboration to determine the best solutions.
To respect your time and interest, our interview process is a simple three steps:
- 30-minute call with Alyssa McClurken, our Director of Recruiting.
- 30-minute Zoom with James Shaw, our COO.
- 30-minute Zoom with Jason Fitch, our Director of Engineering
Challenges and Opportunities
Getting shit done, brilliantly isn’t just a cheeky tagline. We love to roll up our sleeves, constantly iterate, and stay focused on the work that matters. We say what we mean, so get prepared to jump on board and trust your gut when it comes to GSD – let’s rock it out!
At Inventive, an SEO/SEM Specialist’s goal is to set and govern our SEO and SEM playbook, as well as develop and execute bespoke strategies for our clients that help achieve their specific business goals. Each day presents new challenges and opportunities to grow and create a serious impact.
As an SEO/SEM Specialist, you’ll get to understand Inventive and our clients on an intimate level in order to define, create and implement winning SEO strategies and long-term, sustainable site traffic. We’re talking bonafide outside-the-box thinking!
On any given day, you’ll: (1) Perform keyword research, in order to optimize existing content and uncover new areas of opportunities. (2) Conduct research, data collection, and analysis to assess the visibility of the assigned website, blogs, social media accounts, and ancillary pages. (3) Analyze and define SEO strategies including site structure, page structure, and internal linking structure, and define recommendations for further optimization. (4) Monitor and administer analytics dashboards, search results and performance reports, and key reporting tools to seek out areas of opportunity and advise on successful campaign tactics.
You’ll regularly collaborate with the team in order to provide guidance and insight on SEO and optimal user experience; create a variety of funnels to acquire new traffic and track conversions across mediums and platforms; and partner with our in-house marketing and engineering teams on roadmaps that relate to your responsibilities.
Many times, you’ll also be working with SEM strategies that will visibly impact a business’s bottom line. We’re talking e-commerce and sales funnels, conversation rates, and Google Ad Words, oh my!
Every so often, you will conduct content audits and brainstorm ideas regarding ways to iterate, reuse, test, and improve on SEO/SEM — including what keywords are missing, what tools are needed, and how well existing content is performing.
Regardless of the SEO or SEM requirements, one thing is certain: you’ll serve as a subject matter expert, confidently engaging and advising stakeholders through regular communication, presentations, and strategy sessions.
Having the ability to interpret data is critical to inform the ‘why’ behind the strategy we create. You’ll use analytics tools to monitor content traffic, engagement, leads, and conversions after content is published. You’ll also create content models and give recommendations for taxonomy and metadata.
If possible, you will create and manage A/B testing on every campaign in order to identify the best converting combination of components for our sales funnels. You’ll quickly understand our value proposition better than anyone, and evangelize Inventive!
Of course, the work is never done! You’ll keep a close eye on industry and competitor trends, in order to identify opportunities for how we can continuously improve.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience that’s required (and really important to have):
- 3+ years of SEO strategy and execution (must be knowledgeable in Google Analytics 4 -GA4)
- 1+ years of SEM strategy and execution (including paid search and PPC)
- Deep knowledge of SEO best practices; ability to use strategic thinking and data intelligently
- Technical SEO, including the ability to recognize and identify indexing and crawl issues
- Experience or knowledge of site migrations including preparation, planning, and common pitfalls
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and popular keyword tools
- Expert researcher with the ability to identify trending searches, keywords, and topics in real-time
- Strong competence in preparing reports and sharing data insights and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to translate qual/quant analysis into actionable strategies
- Ability to develop and test hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses
- Business savvy with the ability to think critically and strategically
- Operational excellence; Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; takes a collaborative approach with strong emotional intelligence
- Track record of presenting with confidence in leadership and client-facing situations
- Proactive and well-organized; able to track down answers and meet deadlines
- Curious and creative; willing to test new ideas
- Adaptable; able to develop and document new processes and quickly iterate
- Analytical; not intimidated by data; understanding of what works and why
- Focus on getting the fundamentals right and identifying opportunities to improve
- Natural project manager who is comfortable working autonomously in a remote environment
Wildly impressive folks will also have experience with:
- SEO and SEM strategies in a consulting and/or agency setting
- Expertise beyond SEO/SEM e.g. digital and/or content marketing best practices
- Direct response marketing strategies; encouraging quick lead generation
- An owner/operator mindset to translate the data into actions and improvements
You’ll totally fit into our team if you are:
- Searching for an amazing, “do good” culture
- Passionate about software development (it’s okay to be obsessed)
- Naturally pleasant, self-motivated, and driven
- Committed to continuous improvement in and out of work
- Demonstrate respect and professionalism in everything you do
- Dependable, available, and on time!
We get shit done, brilliantly.
Founded by two great friends, Andy and James, Inventive exists to improve lives with bad-ass tech. That’s our mission and why we show up every day. Our goal is to make technology and innovation accessible to all.
We’re a community of entrepreneurs, women, and veterans connected through our passion for getting shit done, tireless attention to detail, and commitment to creating our best work – every time.
Every day, we solve complex problems in creative ways. Whether it’s helping launch powerful user experiences, modernizing systems and brands, or bringing visions to life with your own expertise, one thing is for sure: you’ll never be bored! The best part?
People are the most important part of our mission.
If you can’t tell already, we are a fast-moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about improving lives. We hire the best of the best who want to grow, thrive, and contribute in a meaningful way.
- We’re a privately owned company with a people-first team. We move and adapt in a flash!
- We have been in business for six years and have grown 20% or more YoY.
- We hire top performers that embrace challenges and leave the bureaucracy to big tech.
What’s special about this opportunity?
- 100% Remote: Plug in where you’re most productive! We are an everywhere agency.
- Ownership: Be trusted to make an impact. Everyone owns their role, 100%.
- Variety: Create websites, mobile apps, and more for unique companies around the world.
- Growth: Each project is totally different. Grow and learn in real time.
- Stability: We grow responsibly. Even in rough seasons, we’ve never considered a layoff.
Contracting at Inventive
This role is budgeted for a part-time (10 – 20 hours) ongoing contract.
- Consistency: Ongoing projects + strong backlog = no bench time!
- North American Team: Collaborate with ease. Our engineers currently work PST to EST.
- Zero Travel: Forget your commute! No planes, trains, or automobiles are required here.
Part-time contractors: We are not considering any full-time employees seeking supplemental work as part-time contractors. This arrangement can cause issues since we regularly schedule meetings during core office hours.
Please note: Inventive does not offer sponsorship. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Inventive is an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
SEO & PPC Jobs, SEO Analyst Jobs, SEO Analytics Jobs, SEO Consultant / Contractor Jobs, SEO Specialist Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs, Technical SEO Jobs