SEO Strategist ~ First Page Strategy ~ $50k-$80k ~Remote (US)
First Page Strategy
February 27, 2023
Welcome to the coolest fully remote job where you will be a big contributor in a growing business. We are a small (but mighty!) team positioned for growth, and you’ll get to help mold who we become. We look to empower people to thrive beyond the 9-5 hustle/grind office culture and provide the absolute best talent across the globe. Our #workfromanywhere mantra is our lifeblood and we invite you to share in our adventure!
WHO WE ARE:
First Page Strategy [FPS] is a global growth marketing agency. We partner with product-led brands looking to achieve high-volume, sustainable growth. We are collaborative, data driven and people-centric. We emulate the structure and expertise of the big players with the attention and finesse of a boutique agency, allowing us to seamlessly function as an extension of an in-house marketing team.
As an SEO Pro at First Page Strategy, you’ll collaborate with our Growth Strategist to develop and implement SEO strategy for both FPS and our clients. From researching competitors to brainstorming SEO campaigns to conducting technical site audits, you’ll play a crucial role in achieving organic growth KPIs.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have a firm grasp of all aspects of SEO, including technical best practices, keyword research, content optimization, and reporting. You’ll also need to collaborate regularly with our content, outreach, lead gen, and development teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE OWNING:
- Monitor technical SEO health for the First Page Strategy website and implement any needed fixes
- Report monthly on keyword growth, organic traffic, and other SEO metrics for the FPS website
- Conduct keyword research as needed for content projects for both FPS and any assigned clients, including quarterly content calendars, landing pages, and videos
- Optimize landing page, video, infographic, and blog post content for keyword priorities and maximum search visibility
- Provide content recommendations and ideas based on search volume, keywords, and search intent data
- Write title tags, meta descriptions, and schema as needed
- Implement technical fixes and content tweaks in Hubspot and other CMS platforms
- Perform technical and content SEO audits and competitive analysis as needed for First Page clients
- Conduct SEO research and create SEO briefs as needed for both First Page and client content
- Work with the Growth Strategist to develop strategies around how clients can increase organic traffic, improve keyword rankings, and otherwise expand search visibility
- Collaborate with our Content, Social, and Lead Gen teams to develop cross-channel campaigns that increase organic traffic, links/shares, and revenue
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience in SEO, with proven results in improving SEO metrics
- Inbound marketing experience and a demonstrated understanding of how SEO contributes to other marketing channels and larger business goals
- Experience putting together, owning, and reporting on SEO metrics
- Strong writing skills — you have to be able to write compelling meta descriptions and title tags, and to advise writers, partners, and developers on how to incorporate keywords as necessary
- A willingness to work both on “big ideas” in developing SEO strategy and on hands-on work implementing fixes and compiling data
- An interest in working on a variety of clients
- High attention to detail and dedication to accuracy / quality
- A passion for SEO and interest in digging into SEO problems and coming up with solutions
- Ability to navigate Analytics and comfort with pulling and analyzing metrics to determine the success of SEO initiatives
- Communication skills are essential to the success of our remote company, both internally and externally – to be a part of this team it is key that you are able to effectively communicate with people across the globe
- Technology-savvy: with the ability to quickly learn to navigate, manage workload and track time & capacity in ClickUp (our PM tool) and to effectively use Zoom, Slack, shared Google Drives and other online tools that support our remote work practices — both async and synchronously
- A flexible mentality at a small, growing company as teams goals and responsibilities often internally shift
- A willingness to be part of a fully remote team and care about who you work with on the other side of the screen — participation in team events, Slack conversations, etc.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- The annual compensation range for this role is $50,000 – $80,000 depending on experience
- We are a 100% remote-first company – Work where you want, when you want and how you want
- Time Freedom: 32-hour work weeks, truly open, unmanaged PTO with suggested minimums a quarter, and 18 company holidays for a total of ~85 days off a year
- We have set Sync Hours (10a-2p CST) where our team needs to be accessible (not chained to a desk!), but the rest of your schedule is up to you (we believe in nonlinear work days)
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 401k with company contribution
- Monthly mobile phone and internet stipend ($150 US/mo)
- All the tech tools you need to be successful (Company-provided Mac Air)
- A really kick-ass group of people to work with and a super supportive Leadership Team
- Read more about what we offer here!
WHAT OUR PROCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Video call with the hiring manager – 1hr
- Video meeting with some of the team (peers, direct reports, etc) – 1hr
- Complete a (PAID!) test project – estimated creation time 1-2hrs.
- Presenting your test project to some of the team (video) – 30m -1hr
- Wrap up with our Founder + People Team 30m each
- References + Offer – Welcome to the Team!
Please note that while First Page Strategy is a #workfromanywhere company, we are still working on that being extended to those originating from outside of the US. As it stands now, we are only able to hire US citizens or those who are authorized to work in the US as full time employees (we do not provide visa sponsorship). We do hire contract roles in other countries on a case-by-case basis, and depending on the role. We hope to change that in the future to even further diversify our team!
Mid Level SEO Jobs, Salary Listed, Senior Level SEO Jobs, SEO Agency Jobs, SEO Manager Jobs, SEO Specialist Jobs, SEO Strategist Jobs