Software Engineer (Full Stack) | Remotive.com
We are building a platform that will transform the landscape of healthcare by simplifying transactions to free providers up to focus on what matters and improve the lives of patients. We’ve had great success in our mission to free up people to do the work that matters and we need driven, curious and humble individuals to help us continue to advance this mission!
As a skilled Software Engineer on our Development team, you will build applications that will send and receive data from a variety of healthcare software APIs; both internally and externally. Your contribution to our product helps people get the medical care they need sooner. As part of our team, you will contribute to multiple applications written with Kotlin/Java or Go throughout the platform, and create unit/integration tests using modern testing frameworks.
Specifically, you will:
- Implement code that conforms to internal standards and conventions
- Develop integrations by researching and using unfamiliar APIs
- Deploy, upgrade, and monitor many applications built in Microservices architecture
- Participate in scrum ceremonies including daily stand-up, retrospective, and grooming
- Contribute to collaborative design sessions across multiple development teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- 3+ years of professional experience on a software development team using Java/Kotlin or Go and contributing to production grade software
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Familiar with Microservices architecture
- Be driven to jump into a new codebase and familiarize yourself quickly
- Experience with software development best practices and principles
- Ability to adapt to the standards, conventions, and workflow of the development team and organization
- Ability to communicate efficiently and empathetically when reviewing the code submitted by peers
Desired (but not required) Skills & Experiences
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with QA Automation using tools like Selenium and/or Postman.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform, or any container orchestrator and cloud platform
- Competitive salary that correlates with your ability to contribute
- Generous vacation + sick time allotment
- 4 hours/ month paid community service time
- Equity incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision, GTL, STD, LTD Insurance with employer contribution
- 401k + Employer Match
- Support for onsite, hybrid or full remote work environments
- Fun office perks including snack bar, dog-friendly environment, recreation room, modern layout, and indoor/ outdoor transitional space
- Continued learning in the form of brown bag lunches, training sessions and intra-company events.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
We value diversity and inclusion, and strive to build teams which include people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Diversity makes us tick, and we are better together. That said, we are an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description is subject to change at any time. We are a startup, and we all wear many hats. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description.