Software Product Manager | Remotive.com
Elegen is blazing a path towards a biology-based economy. Through unique insight and innovation Elegen can produce DNA in ≤1 week that is 10x longer and 20x more accurate than any available methods, letting scientists everywhere streamline and accelerate their work.
We are seeking a talented Software Product Manager to help develop and scale our enterprise software infrastructure for commercial operation. You will be responsible for understanding stakeholder requirements, developing detailed product roadmaps, collaborating with the Software Team during the build, and ensuring ongoing stakeholder satisfaction and business results.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an individual who understands our customers and will relentlessly pursue well designed, stable and user-friendly experiences. In addition to contributing your expertise to this uniquely innovative, rapidly moving, high impact start-up, you will help us establish a strong culture of mutual respect, integrity, and collaboration while working alongside some of Silicon Valley’s best scientists and engineers.
- Create and update a detailed plan that outlines the tasks necessary to complete software projects, including the team’s timelines, milestones and software development resources.
- Responsible for partnering with customers and internal teams (R&D Sales, Marketing, Production Finance etc) to define product requirements and specifications, prioritize features, and work with engineering teams to build them.
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Define and monitor KPIs to measure customer satisfaction and business impact and utilize them in downstream decision-making processes
- Own at least one of the following Commercial Software products: Commercial Portal, ERP:Netsuite, LIMS/LES, Commercial Website.
- Support the software development lifecycle, new technologies and best practices when appropriate
- Identify, manage, and mitigate technical and project risk through coordination with internal teams
Essential Candidate Profile:
- BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience in structured software product management in life science industry
- Experience overseeing and managing the software development lifecycle
- Experience creating software roadmaps down to the specification of feature requirements
- Strong technical writing skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solver, critical thinker and active listener, good time management skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, or Bioinformatics
- Experience in synthetic biology, DNA synthesis, or Life Science Tools.
- Familiarity with new product introductions (NPI), and product development life cycle activities
- Experience working with complex instrumentation and hardware
- Experience in FDA regulated environment and document control management
The annual base salary compensation for this role, if based in California is: $113,000 – 169,000. Compensation may be different in other locations. Final compensation also includes bonus, equity and benefits. Specific offer packages are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location.
About the company:
Founded and led by Dr. Matthew Hill and located in San Carlos, CA, Elegen is well-capitalized by top life science investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and KdT. The company is advised and staffed by leading biotechnology scientists and entrepreneurs, including Dr. Marc Unger, inventor of the Nanoflex™ valve, and former CSO of Fluidigm. Dr. Hill has a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of advancing innovative technologies from invention to commercial success. Over eight years in his previous role as VP of R&D at a leading molecular diagnostics company, he co-invented and launched five precision molecular diagnostic products, including a best-in-class noninvasive prenatal test used by millions. These products earn more than $350 million per year in revenue and enabled an IPO.