Staff Writer – FanSided | Remotive.com
FanSided, a brand of Minute Media, is one of the fastest growing networks of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the internet. FanSided consists of a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. For more information, check out https://fansided.com/.
Are you a creative-minded sports expert who is looking to add to the sports dialogue in fun and meaningful ways? Come help FanSided push the conversation by working with us in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We are looking for a full-time Staff Writer to join our editorial team.
We believe that culture is our core, and we foster an environment that encourages creativity, teamwork, and openness. We are a group of passionate, hardworking, and talented individuals who love to work collaboratively. If this sounds like you, read on…
What You’ll Do
As Staff Writer your primary responsibility and the majority of your time will be spent acting as the writer on duty which involves writing various pieces of content at a high volume.
- Create thoughtful, smart and relevant story ideas based on breaking news and viral content (on average, a minimum of 8-12 per day but output varies).
- Complete assignments from editors based on editorial needs, with the goal of maximizing real-time traffic, hitting projected team goals, and executing content strategy (i.e. projects, season previews, theme weeks, etc).
- Have a voice! Pitch relevant stories to editors for approval by keeping your finger on the pulse of the fan conversation.
- Generate areas of expertise by following up on winning stories with updates and follows and committing to winning topic pillars.
- Enthusiastically communicate and collaborate with editors on the team.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Be a great teammate, willing to respond to changing needs of the content team.
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing company
- Career development opportunities & different skill-based workshops offered each quarter
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on DEI each quarter
- 8 coaching & 8 therapy sessions with top-tier provider
- Community involvement opportunities, both in-person and remote
- Work-from-home budget
The expected salary range for this position is between $35,000 – $45,000. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location.
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.
What You Have
- Digital sports writing experience
- Knowledge of major professional and collegiate sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, WNBA, NHL, NWHL, CFB, CBB)
- Ability to quickly produce clean and interesting opinions on a variety of trending / viral topics, multiple times a day
- Capacity to say more about a trending topic than what has already been said
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and multitask at a fast pace
- Motivated, well organized and proactive team player
Advantages/Nice to Haves
- Experience with WordPress CMS is a plus
- Familiarity with FanSided’s content and product