US Sports Game Writer | Remotive.com
Gfinity Digital Media Group is hiring!
Our Mission: To provide the go-to home for gamers & geeks to read, view, compete, engage & converse in a world of entertainment and gaming.
Gfinity Digital Media (GDM) holds a network of specialised websites averaging 14 million monthly unique active users whilst delivering 70 million impressions per month across its social media channels. Essentially, we are the hub of all things gaming, esports and entertainment.
If you would like to work with a creative, ambitious team who strives for the best results then look no further. All our talented teams work on a fully remote basis, and flexibility is as important to us as it is to you.
We are looking for a freelance writer to join our RealSport 101 team, helping us write news/guide/review/feature content around the annual US sports games like Madden, NBA 2K, and WWE 2K franchises. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes the US sports scene, with a long history of playing the core game titles, eager to help us grow and move to the next level.
The role would see you join the RealSport 101 team Monday-Friday for the following hours: 10am ET/3pm GMT to 6pm ET/11pm GMT. Working 35 hours per week.
- Working with the Sports Group Manager and Managing Editor to develop and deliver the content strategy for US sports titles
- Working with the editorial team daily to make sure all relevant news/stories are being covered and optimised
- Generating original story ideas around new/current games RealSport101 covers
- Writing SEO led news/guide content daily
- Work to ensure relevant ‘editorial management’ documents kept up to date
- Performing other tasks across the brand’s digital platforms and events programme where necessary
As our Freelance US Sports Writer you are:
- Knowledgeable of SEO and keen to undertake upskill sessions on the subject
- Aware of how to spot an angle for a gaming story
- In-tune with the communities of each US sports game and knowledge of what content they want
- Excellent in your written and verbal communication – experience writing about games is ideal but not required
- Able to work fast and efficiently – reacting quickly to changes and breaking developments
- Broad in your knowledge of the entire gaming industry (able to cover news even if not overly familiar with that game)
- Organised and have time management skills
- A people person! Communication is key working remote – candidate must be able to keep comms up and give/take directions well
- Able to be flexible with working hours to cover news shifts & events where needed
We are an equal opportunities employer who value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. We mirror this in our workplace, which is inclusive and free of discrimination. We are committed to equality and fairness of opportunity and ensure our recruitment process is free of bias.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Get to know us a bit better: