WGTC: Associate Editor (Evening) | Remotive.com
GAMURS Group is seeking a passionate Associate Editor in the PST time zone to join We Got This Covered in its journey to redefine gaming and entertainment media. This is a full-time permanent role based in the United States, with support for flexible working arrangements.
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of professional editorial experience for a digital publication covering the Entertainment industry. They will be on top of current trends through a combination of SEO tools, analytics, social insights, and first-hand knowledge, with a keen eye for proofreading, factual accuracy, and the upcoming needs of the community. This position’s hours will be from 2:00pm to 10:00pm daily.
The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and time management skills to work with the global team while liaising with senior staff on potential strategies for site growth. Estimated yearly salary is $50,000.
- Help ideate, plan, and execute short and long-term content strategies about the Entertainment industry, in consultation with the team and senior editors
- Edit articles and mentor staff and freelance writers in the We Got This Covered style guide, helping refine and improve the entire process from pitch to publication
- Work closely with the international We Got This Covered team and senior staff to grow the presence of We Got This Covered in the U.S. and globally
- Approve pitches from writers and assist writers with content generation ideas
- Increase site traffic, as measured by Sessions and MAU growth on an ongoing basis.
- Stay up to date and identify upcoming trends in the Entertainment industry
- Write as needed
You’ll also have access to the following benefits:
- Unlimited Paid Annual Leave
- 6-Month Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible Workplace Arrangement
If this role sounds perfect for you and you’re passionate about what we’re doing, please click the apply button to submit your application, including a CV and cover letter detailing your work experience, professional goals, and relevant writing clips.
Culture at GAMURS
At GAMURS, we promote a friendly and supportive environment to ensure you are always learning and improving. We embody our values of honesty, openness, innovation and initiative, ensuring people love being at GAMURS and enjoy what they do while working in a collaborative office.
GAMURS does not discriminate in any way. GAMURS encourages applications from minorities, all genders and races and any qualified applicant.
The GAMURS Group is a world-leading esports, gaming, and entertainment media network. With numerous offices around the world, the company operates on a 24/7 basis. Team members enjoy the benefits of working in a young, rapidly growing company offering its staff great benefits such as unlimited paid leave, flexible work environments, and a generous bonus/benefits policy.
The Group collectively creates, publishes, and distributes content to over 100m fans globally each month. Founded in 2015, the company has very quickly grown into a market leader with 55M monthly readers across its websites and 70m consumers on our social networks. With publications such as Dot Esports, Prima Games and The Mary Sue, our readers trust us to provide them with the best content about the things they love most. What’s allowed us to build a global media powerhouse is a combination of intelligently working systems, a culture of teamwork and co-operation, and a world-class team with phenomenal staff retention – the average executive tenure at GAMURS is just under 5 years.